Criteria for Project Proposals:
Please contact Nick Eastmond if
you have a project idea and you feel it meets the above criteria.
- Since limited resources applied properly
and with the right timing can help more than a mountain of money and
a large staff, Worldwide usually budgets projects for less than $1,000.
- Each project has an initiator or sponsor
who has resources invested in the project and is committed to its
- Projects must have a built-in system of accountability
with elements such as attainable objectives, timelines, fixed responsibilities,
and monitoring. It is imperative that a project budget be submitted.
- Beneficiaries usually match the funds
donated by Worldwide.
- Projects should cultivate independence and the self-sufficiency
of their participants.
- Efforts should be made to maximize the use of volunteers
and local contributions either cash or in-kind.
- Worldwide funds should, whenever possible, serve as catalysts
and incentives that encourage initiative and creative innovation.
- Project funding should be edifying and
useful to all participants, including Worldwide staff involvement.
- Projects should be focused on individuals
and specific changes and not on institutions where funds seem to simply
disappear into a large budget or unidentified process.
To clarify any of the above, contact: web @ weriweb.org
Copyright 2006; All Rights Reserved